Date:   Thu, 30 Jan 2020 14:07:42 -0800
From:   Prashant Malani <pmalani@...omium.org>
To:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:     heikki.krogerus@...el.com, enric.balletbo@...labora.com,
        bleung@...omium.org, Prashant Malani <pmalani@...omium.org>,
        Guenter Roeck <groeck@...omium.org>
Subject: [RFC 0/3] platform/chrome: Add Type C connector class driver

The following series introduces a Type C port driver for Chrome OS devices
that have an EC (Embedded Controller). It derives port information from
ACPI or DT entries. This patch series adds basic support, including
registering ports, and setting certain basic attributes.

I thought I’d send it out as an RFC to get some comments on whether the
general approach is right. Subsequent iterations of the series will
include adding port partner information as well as integration with mux
agents. This might tie in with Heikki’s work here:

https://github.com/krohei/linux/commit/976378fbfe4a29b892d39ade07efce042640ff4c

Based on feedback, I can incorporate comments or adopt another approach altogether.

Changes in v2:
- Fixed errors in PATCH tag in cover-letter
- Patch 2/3: Fixed commit title typo

v1: https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/1/30/868

Prashant Malani (3):
  platform/chrome: Add Type C connector class driver
  platform/chrome: typec: Get PD_CONTROL version
  platform/chrome: Update Type C port info from EC

 drivers/platform/chrome/Kconfig         |  11 +
 drivers/platform/chrome/Makefile        |   1 +
 drivers/platform/chrome/cros_ec_typec.c | 319 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 331 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 drivers/platform/chrome/cros_ec_typec.c

--
2.25.0.341.g760bfbb309-goog