Date:   Tue, 10 Mar 2020 16:22:22 +0530
From:   Bhaskar Chowdhury <unixbhaskar@...il.com>
To:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: Linux 5.6-rc5 ..boots well with qemu

On 18:17 Sun 08 Mar 2020, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>I was hoping I'd have been home already and do this leisurely from my
>usual setup, but due to flight cancellations and travel trouble, I'm
>instead doing the rc5 from 28,000 feet. But at least I'm on my way
>home, and next rc should be normal.
>
>That said, everything looks mostly fine. I say "mostly", because while
>nothing in particular looks worrisome, this rc5 is bigger than I'd
>have liked. In fact, it's not only bigger than rc4 was, but it's
>bigger than we historically are at this point.
>
>That's never a great sign, but who knows, it might be just timing. The
>previous rc was smaller than usual, so it might have been just pent-up
>patches from that. I won't really start worrying unless the trent
>continues for next week too...
>
>Apart from the size, things look fairly normal. About 60% drivers
>(GPU, dmaengine, phy, sound, rdma, backlight..), with the rest being a
>mix of arch updates, documentation, perf tooling and "misc core code"
>(filesystems, kernel, vm).
>
>The shortlog is appended for people who want to skim the details.
>
>Please do continue testing,
>
>                    Linus

Well, at least it boots well to me! with qemu ....

[   16.331136] EXT4-fs (sda): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
Opts: (null)
[   16.333272] ext4 filesystem being mounted at /sysroot supports
timestamps until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
[   16.551114] dracut: Mounted root filesystem /dev/sda
[   17.194732] dracut: Switching root
[   17.244369] process '/bin/busybox' started with executable stack
mount: mounting proc on /proc failed: Device or resource busy
[   17.469256] EXT4-fs (sda): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
[   17.469816] ext4 filesystem being remounted at / supports timestamps
until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
Starting syslogd: OK
Starting klogd: OK
Running sysctl: OK
Initializing random number generator... done.
Starting network: OK

Welcome to Buildroot
buildroot login: root
# uname -a
Linux buildroot 5.6.0-rc5 #1 SMP Mon Mar 9 15:25:06 IST 2020 x86_64
GNU/Linux

~Bhaskar

> [...]
>
>Tianci.Yin (1):
>      drm/amdgpu: disable 3D pipe 1 on Navi1x
>
>Tomeu Vizoso (1):
>      drm/panfrost: Don't try to map on error faults
>
>Tomi Valkeinen (1):
>      backlight: add led-backlight driver
>
>Tony Lindgren (5):
>      phy: mapphone-mdm6600: Fix write timeouts with shorter GPIO
>toggle interval
>      ARM: dts: droid4: Configure LED backlight for lm3532
>      bus: ti-sysc: Fix 1-wire reset quirk
>      ARM: OMAP2+: Fix compile if CONFIG_HAVE_ARM_SMCCC is not set
>      phy: mapphone-mdm6600: Fix timeouts by adding wake-up handling
>
>Tudor Ambarus (1):
>      spi: atmel-quadspi: fix possible MMIO window size overrun
>
>Tycho Andersen (1):
>      riscv: fix seccomp reject syscall code path
>
>Ulf Hansson (5):
>      dt-bindings: arm: Correct links to idle states definitions
>      dt-bindings: arm: Fix cpu compatibles in the hierarchical example for PSCI
>      dt-bindings: power: Convert domain-idle-states bindings to json-schema
>      dt-bindings: power: Extend nodename pattern for power-domain providers
>      dt-bindings: arm: Fixup the DT bindings for hierarchical PSCI states
>
>Vadim Pasternak (1):
>      hwmon: (pmbus/xdpe12284) Add callback for vout limits conversion
>
>Vignesh Raghavendra (3):
>      spi: spi-omap2-mcspi: Handle DMA size restriction on AM65x
>      spi: spi-omap2-mcspi: Support probe deferral for DMA channels
>      dmaengine: ti: k3-udma: Use ktime/usleep_range based TX completion check
>
>Vincent Chen (2):
>      riscv: avoid the PIC offset of static percpu data in module
>beyond 2G limits
>      riscv: Change code model of module to medany to improve data accessing
>
>Vincent Guittot (1):
>      sched/fair: Fix statistics for find_idlest_group()
>
>Vladimir Oltean (1):
>      ARM: dts: ls1021a: Restore MDIO compatible to gianfar
>
>Vlastimil Babka (1):
>      mm, hotplug: fix page online with DEBUG_PAGEALLOC compiled but not enabled
>
>Wei Li (3):
>      perf intel-pt: Fix endless record after being terminated
>      perf intel-bts: Fix endless record after being terminated
>      perf cs-etm: Fix endless record after being terminated
>
>Wei Liu (1):
>      Hyper-V: add myself as a maintainer
>
>Yash Shah (1):
>      riscv: dts: Add GPIO reboot method to HiFive Unleashed DTS file
>
>Yintian Tao (1):
>      drm/amdgpu: clean wptr on wb when gpu recovery
>
>Yuji Sasaki (1):
>      spi: qup: call spi_qup_pm_resume_runtime before suspending
>
>Zhang Xiaoxu (1):
>      vgacon: Fix a UAF in vgacon_invert_region
>
>luanshi (1):
>      drivers/perf: arm_pmu_acpi: Fix incorrect checking of gicc pointer
>
>tangbin (1):
>      tty:serial:mvebu-uart:fix a wrong return
>
>yangerkun (1):
>      locks: fix a potential use-after-free problem when wakeup a waiter

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (489 bytes)