Date:   Mon, 16 Mar 2020 14:48:57 +0530
From:   Bhaskar Chowdhury <unixbhaskar@...il.com>
To:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: Linux 5.6-rc6 ..built...compile..boot without fuss!

On 15:19 Sun 15 Mar 2020, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>Another week, another rc.
>
>Things look normal - all the stats look like they usually do at this point.
>
>The full patch is about 60% driver changes (gpu, networking, s390
>stand out, but there's noise all over), with the rest being tooling
>(mainly perf), networking, arch updates (mainly x86, but some arc,
>mips and s390 too), and misc core updates.
>
>Diffstat looks normal, and the number of commits is right in the
>middle of the usual range too. And I don't think any of the commits
>look all that strange either - it's all pretty small.
>
>So please test,
>
>            Linus

Well, it built,compile and booted without fuss! Take a peek at dead end
below:

[    3.103124] EXT4-fs (sda): recovery complete
[    3.109505] EXT4-fs (sda): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
Opts: (null)
[    3.111031] ext4 filesystem being mounted at /root supports
timestamps until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
[    3.111953] VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) on device 8:0.
[    3.125388] devtmpfs: mounted
[    3.135268] Freeing unused decrypted memory: 2040K
[    3.194353] Freeing unused kernel image (initmem) memory: 1568K
[    3.195229] Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 26624k
[    3.199142] Freeing unused kernel image (text/rodata gap) memory:
2040K
[    3.200798] Freeing unused kernel image (rodata/data gap) memory:
1040K
[    3.201638] rodata_test: all tests were successful
[    3.202033] Run /sbin/init as init process
[    3.244008] process '/bin/busybox' started with executable stack
[    3.333309] tsc: Refined TSC clocksource calibration: 2194.918 MHz
[    3.333856] clocksource: tsc: mask: 0xffffffffffffffff max_cycles:
0x1fa37202099, max_idle_ns: 440795206796 ns
[    3.334647] clocksource: Switched to clocksource tsc
[    3.435414] EXT4-fs (sda): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
[    3.436007] ext4 filesystem being remounted at / supports timestamps
until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
Starting syslogd: OK
Starting klogd: OK
Running sysctl: OK
Initializing random number generator... [    4.489653] random: dd:
uninitialized urandom read (512 bytes read)
done.
Starting network: OK

Welcome to Buildroot
buildroot login: root[    9.292919] random: crng init done

# uname -a
Linux buildroot 5.6.0-rc6 #1 SMP Mon Mar 16 11:34:58 IST 2020 x86_64
GNU/Linux

~Bhaskar

> [...]
>
>Tony Luck (1):
>      x86/mce: Fix logic and comments around MSR_PPIN_CTL
>
>Tycho Andersen (1):
>      cgroup1: don't call release_agent when it is ""
>
>Ulf Hansson (5):
>      mmc: core: Allow host controllers to require R1B for CMD6
>      mmc: core: Respect MMC_CAP_NEED_RSP_BUSY for erase/trim/discard
>      mmc: sdhci-omap: Fix busy detection by enabling MMC_CAP_NEED_RSP_BUSY
>      mmc: sdhci-tegra: Fix busy detection by enabling MMC_CAP_NEED_RSP_BUSY
>      mmc: core: Respect MMC_CAP_NEED_RSP_BUSY for eMMC sleep command
>
>Vasily Averin (6):
>      cgroup-v1: cgroup_pidlist_next should update position index
>      cgroup: cgroup_procs_next should increase position index
>      netfilter: nf_conntrack: ct_cpu_seq_next should increase position index
>      netfilter: synproxy: synproxy_cpu_seq_next should increase position index
>      netfilter: xt_recent: recent_seq_next should increase position index
>      netfilter: x_tables: xt_mttg_seq_next should increase position index
>
>Vasundhara Volam (1):
>      bnxt_en: reinitialize IRQs when MTU is modified
>
>Vineet Gupta (2):
>      ARC: fpu: fix randconfig build error reported by 0-day test service
>      ARC: show_regs: reduce lines of output
>
>Vinicius Costa Gomes (1):
>      taprio: Fix sending packets without dequeueing them
>
>Vishal Kulkarni (1):
>      cxgb4: fix checks for max queues to allocate
>
>Vitaly Kuznetsov (3):
>      KVM: x86: clear stale x86_emulate_ctxt->intercept value
>      KVM: x86: remove stale comment from struct x86_emulate_ctxt
>      KVM: nVMX: avoid NULL pointer dereference with incorrect EVMCS GPAs
>
>Vladimir Oltean (2):
>      net: dsa: sja1105: Don't destroy not-yet-created xmit_worker
>      net: mscc: ocelot: properly account for VLAN header length when
>setting MRU
>
>Vladis Dronov (2):
>      efi: Fix a race and a buffer overflow while reading efivars via sysfs
>      efi: Add a sanity check to efivar_store_raw()
>
>Wanpeng Li (1):
>      KVM: X86: Fix dereference null cpufreq policy
>
>Wen Xiong (1):
>      scsi: ipr: Fix softlockup when rescanning devices in petitboot
>
>Willem de Bruijn (1):
>      net/packet: tpacket_rcv: do not increment ring index on drop
>
>Wolfram Sang (2):
>      macintosh: windfarm: fix MODINFO regression
>      i2c: acpi: put device when verifying client fails
>
>Yangtao Li (1):
>      auxdisplay: img-ascii-lcd: convert to devm_platform_ioremap_resource
>
>Yonghyun Hwang (1):
>      iommu/vt-d: Fix a bug in intel_iommu_iova_to_phys() for huge page
>
>Yonglong Liu (1):
>      net: hns3: fix "tc qdisc del" failed issue
>
>You-Sheng Yang (1):
>      r8152: check disconnect status after long sleep
>
>Zhenyu Wang (1):
>      drm/i915/gvt: Fix unnecessary schedule timer when no vGPU exits
>
>Zhenzhong Duan (1):
>      iommu/vt-d: Fix the wrong printing in RHSA parsing

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (489 bytes)