Date:   Mon, 30 Mar 2020 12:39:29 +0100
From:   Mark Brown <broonie@...nel.org>
To:     Cezary Rojewski <cezary.rojewski@...el.com>
Cc:     Dominik Brodowski <linux@...inikbrodowski.net>,
        kuninori.morimoto.gx@...esas.com,
        Pierre-Louis Bossart <pierre-louis.bossart@...ux.intel.com>,
        Keyon Jie <yang.jie@...ux.intel.com>,
        alsa-devel@...a-project.org, curtis@...ainey.com,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, tiwai@...e.com,
        liam.r.girdwood@...ux.intel.com
Subject: Re: snd_hda_intel/sst-acpi sound breakage on suspend/resume since
 5.6-rc1

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 01:10:34PM +0200, Cezary Rojewski wrote:
> On 2020-03-30 12:23, Dominik Brodowski wrote:

> > Seems this patch didn't make it into v5.6 (and neither did the other ones
> > you sent relating to the "dummy" components). Can these patches therefore be
> > marked for stable, please?

I sent my pull request already sorry - once it hits Linus' tree I'd send
a request to stable.

> While one of the series was accepted and merged, there is a delay caused by
> Google/ SOF folks in merging the second one.

> Idk why rt286 aka "broadwell" machine board patch has not been merged yet.
> It's not like we have to merge all (rt5650 + rt5650 + rt286) patches at
> once. Google guys can keep verifying Buddy or whatnot while guys with Dell
> XPS can enjoy smooth audio experience.

My scripting is set up to merge things sent to me as a patch series and
we didn't get positive review from Pierre on any of it with the review
on that one patch seeming to suggest it might also be waiting go go
through a test farm.  TBH I also wasn't expecting it to take quite so
long to get reviewed when it came in, it's been over 2 weeks now...

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (489 bytes)