Date:   Fri, 3 Apr 2020 07:49:47 -0500
From:   Dan Murphy <dmurphy@...com>
To:     Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>,
        Jacek Anaszewski <jacek.anaszewski@...il.com>
CC:     <linux-leds@...r.kernel.org>, LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Cleanups in "next" tree

Pavel

On 4/2/20 5:57 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Sun 2020-03-22 14:35:56, Jacek Anaszewski wrote:
>> Hi Pavel,
>>
>> On 3/22/20 12:59 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I've commited some cleanups into LED tree ( git/pavel/linux-leds.git
>>> branch for-next ), if someone wants to review them.
>> You abused your maintainer power by bypassing the usual patch
>> submission procedure. Please remove the patches from linux-next
>> and submit them officially for discussion. I would have some objections
>> to them.
> I'm sorry I failed to meet your high expectations... But I don't
> believe I done anything completely outside of usual kernel procedures.

So I can push a public tree out and request reviewers to review that
tree and expect it to get merged once the review is complete without
ever posting the patches to linux-leds?

This would be the precedent you are setting here as maintainer.

And Jacek does not have high expectations he is just requesting that we
follow the process as defined in the Linux kernel document

Dan