Date:   Tue, 7 Apr 2020 11:01:00 +0100
From:   Russell King - ARM Linux admin <linux@...linux.org.uk>
To:     Corentin Labbe <clabbe.montjoie@...il.com>
Cc:     kexec@...ts.infradead.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        mripard@...nel.org, wens@...e.org, ebiederm@...ssion.com,
        linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org
Subject: Re: Trying to kexec on Allwinner A80

On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 11:32:53AM +0200, Corentin Labbe wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 09:12:57AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:
> > That was not reflected in the command lines given to kexec that you
> > quoted previously, so I'm now wondering if you're giving me the full
> > information.
> >
> > In any case, based on the information you've supplied thus far, I have
> > no further suggetsions to make.
> >

> Sorry I have added --debug after my initial mail.
> But I am surprised that no debug output like "MEMORY RANGES" is done (like I got in my first try).
> I have started to patch kexec-tools to check it, and debug is enabled.
> Furthermore, I got in locate_hole:237 memory_ranges=0.
> So the memory region in struct kexec_info is not initialized (and so cannot be printed)

The memory region information is initialised by get_memory_ranges()
in kexec/arch/arm/kexec-arm.c, which reads /proc/iomem.

That is called from my_load(), which checks that info.memory_ranges
is non-zero.  If it's zero, it errors out with "Could not get memory
layout".

FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 10.2Mbps down 587kbps up