Date:   Mon, 27 Apr 2020 09:00:23 +0530
From:   Bhaskar Chowdhury <unixbhaskar@...il.com>
To:     david@...morbit.com
Cc:     LinuxKernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        linux-xfs@...r.kernel.org, darrick.wong@...cle.com
Subject: xfs superblock corrupt,how to find next one!

  Hey Dave/Darrick,

  I was stumbled over this last week and ended up recreating(huh!) the
  fs from the scratch . Internet was littered with the information which
  I hardly could use. Oh, btw, I did stumble also in old google group
  where you suggested few stuff to do .

  But alas, none come to handy. I have tried xfs_db and it spit out lots
  of info including AGS ,but..I had  a simple requirement , just to
  replace the corrupted super block with another good one. Which,
  everyone including you know it very well that can done in ext in a blink of an
  eye(my lack of understanding and exposure are pardonable I believe).

  But I couldn't find an easy way to recover the fs.I followed the
  repair ..get into db as I said ...

  Is it lurking somewhere which I failed to discover or it has been
  implemented in different way , which is not easily decipherable by
  ordinary users...not sure though.

  Kindly ,point out ,which route should one take , when they encounter
  that kind of a situation. Recreating the fs is not an or probably the
  least option to opt for.

  Thanks,
  Bhaskar

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (489 bytes)