Date:   Thu, 7 May 2020 12:31:09 +0000
From:   Po Liu <po.liu@....com>
To:     Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>
Subject: RE: Re: [v4,iproute2-next 1/2] iproute2-next:tc:action: add a gate

Shall I support both input method. The default decimal input like 120000 default to nano-second and formal time routines like 120us.
Then the tc show command shows formal time routines like 120us whatever in non-json format. Json format shows a decimal number only which is always done by other tc command.

So this would compatible with kernel commit commands examples. But I would mention in the man pages supporting the timer routines input.

> > See get_time().  The way you have it makes sense for hardware but
> > stands out versus the rest of tc.
> >
> > It maybe that the kernel UAPI is wrong, and should be using same time
> > units as rest of tc. Forgot to review that part of the patch.
>
> I would also sync with kernel UAPI if needed.

I checked the gate UAPI file, there is nothing need to changed for time format.

> Br,
> Po Liu

Br,
Po Liu