Date:   Mon, 18 May 2020 07:38:25 +0000
From:   "Vaittinen, Matti" <Matti.Vaittinen@...rohmeurope.com>
To:     "mazziesaccount@...il.com" <mazziesaccount@...il.com>
CC:     "alexandre.belloni@...tlin.com" <alexandre.belloni@...tlin.com>,
        "linux@...ck-us.net" <linux@...ck-us.net>,
        "wim@...ux-watchdog.org" <wim@...ux-watchdog.org>,
        "broonie@...nel.org" <broonie@...nel.org>,
        "lee.jones@...aro.org" <lee.jones@...aro.org>,
        "sboyd@...nel.org" <sboyd@...nel.org>,
        "linus.walleij@...aro.org" <linus.walleij@...aro.org>,
        "sre@...nel.org" <sre@...nel.org>,
        "bgolaszewski@...libre.com" <bgolaszewski@...libre.com>,
        "lgirdwood@...il.com" <lgirdwood@...il.com>,
        "mturquette@...libre.com" <mturquette@...libre.com>,
        "a.zummo@...ertech.it" <a.zummo@...ertech.it>,
        "robh+dt@...nel.org" <robh+dt@...nel.org>
Subject: [not urgent] ROHM PMIC/Charger IC driver maintenance.

Hello All,

In short - I consider adding myself in MAINTAINERs for the ROHM IC
drivers I've authored. I would like to get your opinion as subsystem
maintainers on the area where these driver belong. If you don't care -
then no need to read further :) If you do read, then I would appreciate
hearing about your expectations regarding reviews, ACKs etc.

Longer story, I have contributed drivers for ROHM PMICs
BD71837/BD71847/BD71850, BD70528, BD71828/BD71878 and ROHM charger IC
BD99954. I did also refactor the linear_ranges code out of the
regulator framework. Now I am working on with another PMIC driver
(regulators/watchdog) which I hope to end up in upstream at autumn
after the proper testing. There is also some pieces in regmap-irq which
I have added.

I would like to participate in reviewing work for patches to these
drivers (and perhaps the linear_ranges) and possibly set up some test
jobs where I can run some tests involving some of the PMICs. I hope
this helps the community too.

I would also benefit from being informed when a fix is sent to one of
these areas as I am anyways paid to be hosting some out-of-tree
additions to these drivers. So my git tree would benefit from getting
the odd fixes upstream is getting. Reviewing mails would serve as a
heads up for me.

Thus I consider adding few entries to MAINTAINERs in order to be
getting the patches for review/test. What I don't consider doing is
integrating the patches in "official Linux" - Eg. all patches should
still go upstream via your trees.

What kind of participation would you expect/appreciate from me if I
added myself in MAINTAINERS for these drivers I authored? Any
objections to that? (I don't really know how MAINTAINERs entries should
be added - and I didn't [easily] find up-to-date explanation to that).
For where I can be of help - I believe I am technically competent for
reviewing C-code. I am not competent for reviewing all styling details
- and I am not too useful what comes to YAML - this syntax is still
really alien to me. Yet I think I have some insight to things the DT
yaml is describing (meaning ROHM HW) :)

I add below the list of files / subsystem.

Regulator:
bd70528-regulator.c
bd71828-regulator.c
bd718x7-regulator.c
rohm-regulator.c
(lib/linear_ranges.c
lib/test_linear_ranges.c?
include/linux/linear_range.h - Who should maintain these?)

Power-supply:
bd70528-charger.c
bd71827-power.c
bd99954-charger.c
bd99954-charger.h

MFD:
rohm-bd70528.c
rohm-bd71828.c
rohm-bd718x7.c
include/linux/mfd/rohm-shared.h
include/linux/mfd/rohm-bd71828.h
include/linux/mfd/rohm-bd70528.h
include/linux/mfd/rohm-generic.h
include/linux/mfd/rohm-bd718x7.h

GPIO:
gpio-bd70528.c
gpio-bd71828.c

RTC:
rtc-bd70528.c

Watchdog:
bd70528_wdt.c

Clk:
clk-bd718x7.c

DT:
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/supply/rohm,bd99954.yaml
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/rohm,bd71837-pmic.yaml
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/rohm,bd71847-pmic.yaml
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/rohm,bd71837-regulator.yaml
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/rohm,bd71847-regulator.yaml
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/rohm,bd71828-pmic.yaml
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/leds/rohm,bd71828-leds.yaml
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/rohm,bd71828-regulator.yaml
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/rohm,bd70528-pmic.txt
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/rohm,bd70528-regulator.txt

Best Regards
	Matti Vaittinen

--
Matti Vaittinen, Linux device drivers
ROHM Semiconductors, Finland SWDC

~~~ "I don't think so," said Rene Descartes. Just then he vanished ~~~

Simon says - in Latin please.
"non cogito me" dixit Rene Descarte, deinde evanescavit

(Thanks for the translation Simon)