Date:   Wed, 20 May 2020 09:48:36 +0200
From:   Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@...nel.org>
To:     Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
Cc:     Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab+huawei@...nel.org>,
        linux-media@...r.kernel.org, Alan Cox <alan@...ux.intel.com>,
        Alan Cox <gnomes@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] Ressurect the atomisp staging driver

Em Sat, 2 May 2020 08:03:55 +0200
Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org> escreveu:

> On Fri, May 01, 2020 at 09:57:41PM +0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > This driver is simply too big for it to be sent to the ML via e-mails. Those
> > will very likely be rejected due to the e-mail sizes.
> >
> > So, instead, I'm sending a "GIT PULL" to myself, at the ML.
> >
> > This series basically "resurrect" this driver from the death, giving it a
> > second chance to survive.
>
> Hah, good luck!  Without the hardware I think you are going to be
> fighting a loosing battle, best of luck...

I got one hardware, based on ISP 2401 (PCI ID 8086:22b8).

I did lots of progress at the driver. Well, there are a lot more to be
done, but I'm confident we'll be able to make it run.

Getting it out of staging will require *lots* of time and efforts,
but I guess it would be doable (long term).

Thanks,
Mauro