Date:   Mon, 1 Jun 2020 11:55:15 -0600
From:   Jens Axboe <axboe@...nel.dk>
To:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Cc:     io-uring <io-uring@...r.kernel.org>,
Subject: [GIT PULL] io_uring updates for 5.8-rc1

Hi Linus,

A relatively quiet round, mostly just fixes and code improvements. In
particular:

- Make statx just use the generic statx handler, instead of open coding
  it. We don't need that anymore, as we always call it async safe
  (Bijan)

- Enable closing of the ring itself. Also fixes O_PATH closure (me)

- Properly name completion members (me)

- Batch reap of dead file registrations (me)

- Allow IORING_OP_POLL with double waitqueues (me)

- Add tee(2) support (Pavel)

- Remove double off read (Pavel)

- Fix overflow cancellations (Pavel)

- Improve CQ timeouts (Pavel)

- Async defer drain fixes (Pavel)

- Add support for enabling/disabling notifications on a registered
  eventfd (Stefano)

- Remove dead state parameter (Xiaoguang)

- Disable SQPOLL submit on dying ctx (Xiaoguang)

- Various code cleanups

Please pull!

  git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git for-5.8/io_uring-2020-06-01

Bijan Mottahedeh (4):
      io_uring: add io_statx structure
      statx: allow system call to be invoked from io_uring
      io_uring: call statx directly
      statx: hide interfaces no longer used by io_uring

Jens Axboe (7):
      io_uring: remove 'fd is io_uring' from close path
      io_uring: name sq thread and ref completions
      io_uring: batch reap of dead file registrations
      io_uring: allow POLL_ADD with double poll_wait() users
      io_uring: file registration list and lock optimization
      io_uring: cleanup io_poll_remove_one() logic
      io_uring: async task poll trigger cleanup

Pavel Begunkov (13):
      io_uring: remove req->needs_fixed_files
      io_uring: rename io_file_put()
      io_uring: don't repeat valid flag list
      splice: export do_tee()
      io_uring: add tee(2) support
      io_uring: fix flush req->refs underflow
      io_uring: simplify io_timeout locking
      io_uring: don't re-read sqe->off in timeout_prep()
      io_uring: separate DRAIN flushing into a cold path
      io_uring: get rid of manual punting in io_close
      io_uring: move timeouts flushing to a helper
      io_uring: off timeouts based only on completions
      io_uring: fix overflowed reqs cancellation

Stefano Garzarella (2):
      io_uring: add 'cq_flags' field for the CQ ring
      io_uring: add IORING_CQ_EVENTFD_DISABLED to the CQ ring flags

Xiaoguang Wang (2):
      io_uring: remove obsolete 'state' parameter
      io_uring: don't submit sqes when ctx->refs is dying

Xiaoming Ni (1):
      io_uring: remove duplicate semicolon at the end of line

 fs/internal.h                 |   4 +-
 fs/splice.c                   |   3 +-
 fs/stat.c                     |  37 ++-
 include/linux/splice.h        |   3 +