Date:   Tue, 2 Jun 2020 09:06:12 +0200
From:   Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@....de>
To:     Baolin Wang <baolin.wang@...ux.alibaba.com>,
        iommu@...ts.linux-foundation.org
Cc:     Jörg Rödel <joro@...tes.org>,
        kernel-janitors@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: iommu: Improve exception handling in iommu_group_alloc()

>> Do you disagree to the application of the Linux coding style then
>> for the recommended exception handling?
>
> No, that's not what I mean. My point is the exception handling in this
> patch is simple and no need to add 'goto' statement which does not help
> to improve readability.

Do we come along different programming imaginations?

> And I agree it is helpful for the cases where a function exits from multiple locations
> and more same cleanup work need to do.

Can this view fit also to calls of the function “kobject_put”?
https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1251326/
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-iommu/8bfd018ef4add083a35a6a94a8da045cf3af51b6.1591063271.git.baolin.wang@linux.alibaba.com/
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/iommu/iommu.c?id=7cc31613734c4870ae32f5265d576ef296621343#n478
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.7/source/drivers/iommu/iommu.c#L478