Date:   Thu, 4 Jun 2020 01:13:15 -0700
From:   Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>
To:     Christian König <christian.koenig@....com>
Cc:     Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@...lanox.com>,
        Dave Airlie <airlied@...il.com>,
        Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>,
        Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@...ll.ch>,
        dri-devel <dri-devel@...ts.freedesktop.org>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Logan Gunthorpe <logang@...tatee.com>
Subject: Re: [git pull] drm for 5.8-rc1

On Thu, Jun 04, 2020 at 10:10:21AM +0200, Christian König wrote:
> Dave and Daniel explicitly said they want to have this and it is ok as long
> as I open code it in the driver and keep it AMD internal.

But it fundamentally is broken, and we've been through all the arguments
why it is broken,  and it is not going to be any less broken because
someone said they want this.

I have to say I'm really pissed that you guys just sneaked it in.  I've
been hoping that graphics is getting a litter better, but this attitud
of we sneak hacks into the driver code that just happen to work on some
platform you care about instead because you're too lazy to do the proper
thing has top stop right now.  drm has been creating so much more
maintainaince nightmares and buggy code than any other subsysem just
because of that attitude.