Date:   Fri, 19 Jun 2020 11:11:47 +0200
From:   Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@...gle.com>
To:     Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>
Cc:     syzkaller <syzkaller@...glegroups.com>,
        syzbot <syzbot+42bc0d31b9a21faebdf8@...kaller.appspotmail.com>,
        Andrey Konovalov <andreyknvl@...gle.com>,
        Borislav Petkov <bp@...en8.de>, devel@...ukata.com,
        "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@...or.com>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        USB list <linux-usb@...r.kernel.org>,
        Ingo Molnar <mingo@...hat.com>,
        syzkaller-bugs <syzkaller-bugs@...glegroups.com>,
        Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
        Al Viro <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk>,
        "the arch/x86 maintainers" <x86@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: INFO: trying to register non-static key in is_dynamic_key

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 10:31 AM Greg KH <greg@...ah.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 09:35:30AM +0200, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:

> > > Why is INFO: triggering syzbot?
> >
> > This is a kernel bug, no?
> >
> > And there are lots of other kernel bug types that start with INFO:
> > https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/pkg/report/linux.go#L1302
> >
> > The rules to understand when linux kernel has bugged are insanely
> > complex in syzkaller:
> > https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/pkg/report/linux.go#L914-L1685
> > (+hundreds of hardcoded function names and file names above).
>
> I understand it's tough, but "the code is fine but needs lockdep
> annotation" feels like it's a "here's an improvement that you can make"
> type of report, not a "crash" like this message says.

Can you think of a single description that would be suitable for all
of these types of things?
I can change the wording in the static template right now. But finding
proper wording for all of these things, annotating them, updating 500
tests probably won't be high on anybody's priority list. Or do you
consider it important enough to contribute? ;)