Date:   Fri, 26 Jun 2020 21:56:05 -0400
From:   Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@...uxfoundation.org>
To:     Jens Axboe <axboe@...nel.dk>
Cc:     Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>,
        Pavel Begunkov <asml.silence@...il.com>
Subject: Re: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the block tree

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 07:32:15PM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 6/26/20 5:07 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In commit
> >
> >   cd664b0e35cb ("io_uring: fix hanging iopoll in case of -EAGAIN")
> >
> > Fixes tag
> >
> >   Fixes: bbde017a32b3 ("io_uring: add memory barrier to synchronize
> >
> > has these problem(s):
> >
> >   - Subject has leading but no trailing parentheses
> >   - Subject has leading but no trailing quotes
> >
> > Please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line.
>
> Gah, that's b4 messing it up. I've actually seen this before, but
> I caught it. If you look at the actual commit, this is what the b4
> output ends up being for the fixes line:
>
> [snip]
> io_kiocb's result and iopoll_completed")
>
> Fixes: bbde017a32b3 ("io_uring: add memory barrier to synchronize
>
> even though it's correct in the email. I'm guessing some issue having to
> do with the longer line?

Yeah, I'll try to see if there's something I can do here, but it's going
to be largely guesswork. Here's the original email:

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/22111b29e298f5f606130fcf4307bda99dbec089.1593077359.git.asml.silence@gmail.com/raw

The Fixes: footer really does get split into two. It's not that hard to
add logic just for the Fixes tag (since it conveniently follows a set
pattern), but finding a universal fix for split footers will be more
difficult.

I'll see what I can do.

-K