Date:   Fri, 24 Jul 2020 13:43:44 -0700
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Wolfram Sang <wsa@...nel.org>
Cc:     linux-i2c@...r.kernel.org,
        Peter Rosin <peda@...ntia.se>,
        Bartosz Golaszewski <brgl@...ev.pl>
Subject: Re: [PULL REQUEST] i2c for v5.8

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 12:27 PM Wolfram Sang <wsa@...nel.org> wrote:

> And a question: can we have an additional rc this cycle because of the
> holiday season? I was away and this extra week would help in my case.

Do you have a lot of pending fixes? Because things _seem_ fairly quiet
for this release, and right now it doesn't seem to make much sense to
delay 5.8.

Surprises happen, and this could change any day, but nobody else has
indicated any problems that I know of, and this week has been very
quiet (until today, when I start getting all the "end of the week"
pull requests, so my opinion on that may change by the time I do an
rc7)