Date:   Sat, 01 Aug 2020 18:45:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:   David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
To:     torvalds@...ux-foundation.org
Cc:     akpm@...ux-foundation.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 16:45:49 -0700

> On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 2:36 PM David Miller <davem@...emloft.net> wrote:
>>
>>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net.git
>
> How is this wrt an rc8 or a final?

Nothing scary in there, I think you can safely do a -final with those
networking changes.

> On a very much related note, I really wish you didn't send the
> networking fixes the day before a release is scheduled.
>
> If it's really quiet., send them on (say) Wed/Thu. And then on
> Saturday, send a note saying "no, important stuff", hold on. Or say
> "nothing new".
>
> Because right now the "last-minute network pull request" has become a
> pattern, and I have a very hard time judging whether I should delay a
> release for it.

Sorry about that, just the way things work during the week I can't
catch my breath until late Friday night or Saturday usually to review
what I have and send a pull request to you.

I'll shoot for more mid-week pulls in the future.