Date:   Mon, 10 Aug 2020 10:34:21 -0500
From:   Steve French <smfrench@...il.com>
To:     David Howells <dhowells@...hat.com>
Cc:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
        Alexander Viro <viro@...iv.linux.org.uk>,
        Matthew Wilcox <willy@...radead.org>,
        Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de>,
        Jeff Layton <jlayton@...hat.com>,
        Dave Wysochanski <dwysocha@...hat.com>,
        Trond Myklebust <trondmy@...merspace.com>,
        Anna Schumaker <anna.schumaker@...app.com>,
        Steve French <sfrench@...ba.org>,
        Eric Van Hensbergen <ericvh@...il.com>,
        linux-cachefs@...hat.com, linux-afs@...ts.infradead.org,
        linux-nfs <linux-nfs@...r.kernel.org>,
        CIFS <linux-cifs@...r.kernel.org>, ceph-devel@...r.kernel.org,
        v9fs-developer@...ts.sourceforge.net,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] fscache rewrite -- please drop for now

cifs.ko also can set rsize quite small (even 1K for example, although
that will be more than 10x slower than the default 4MB so hopefully no
one is crazy enough to do that).   I can't imagine an SMB3 server
negotiating an rsize or wsize smaller than 64K in today's world (and
typical is 1MB to 8MB) but the user can specify a much smaller rsize
on mount.  If 64K is an adequate minimum, we could change the cifs
mount option parsing to require a certain minimum rsize if fscache is
selected.

--
Thanks,

Steve