lists.openwall.net   lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  linux-hardening  PHC 
Open Source and information security mailing list archives
 
Hash Suite: Windows password security audit tool. GUI, reports in PDF.
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date:   Wed, 12 Aug 2020 09:10:21 +1000
From:   Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
To:     Trond Myklebust <trondmy@...il.com>
Cc:     Linux Next Mailing List <linux-next@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux Kernel Mailing List <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the nfs tree

Hi all,

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 10:36:40 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> After merging the nfs tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> ppc64_defconfig) produced this warning:
> 
> In file included from include/trace/define_trace.h:102,
>                  from fs/nfs/nfs4trace.h:2316,
>                  from fs/nfs/nfs4trace.c:13:
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h: In function 'trace_event_raw_event_nfs4_read_event':
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1767:34: warning: unused variable 'lo' [-Wunused-variable]
>  1767 |    const struct pnfs_layout_hdr *lo = lseg ?
>       |                                  ^~
> include/trace/trace_events.h:707:4: note: in definition of macro 'DECLARE_EVENT_CLASS'
>   707 |  { assign; }       \
>       |    ^~~~~~
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1759:3: note: in expansion of macro 'TP_fast_assign'
>  1759 |   TP_fast_assign(
>       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h: In function 'trace_event_raw_event_nfs4_write_event':
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1844:34: warning: unused variable 'lo' [-Wunused-variable]
>  1844 |    const struct pnfs_layout_hdr *lo = lseg ?
>       |                                  ^~
> include/trace/trace_events.h:707:4: note: in definition of macro 'DECLARE_EVENT_CLASS'
>   707 |  { assign; }       \
>       |    ^~~~~~
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1836:3: note: in expansion of macro 'TP_fast_assign'
>  1836 |   TP_fast_assign(
>       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h: In function 'trace_event_raw_event_nfs4_commit_event':
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1917:34: warning: unused variable 'lo' [-Wunused-variable]
>  1917 |    const struct pnfs_layout_hdr *lo = lseg ?
>       |                                  ^~
> include/trace/trace_events.h:707:4: note: in definition of macro 'DECLARE_EVENT_CLASS'
>   707 |  { assign; }       \
>       |    ^~~~~~
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1911:3: note: in expansion of macro 'TP_fast_assign'
>  1911 |   TP_fast_assign(
>       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> In file included from include/trace/define_trace.h:103,
>                  from fs/nfs/nfs4trace.h:2316,
>                  from fs/nfs/nfs4trace.c:13:
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h: In function 'perf_trace_nfs4_read_event':
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1767:34: warning: unused variable 'lo' [-Wunused-variable]
>  1767 |    const struct pnfs_layout_hdr *lo = lseg ?
>       |                                  ^~
> include/trace/perf.h:66:4: note: in definition of macro 'DECLARE_EVENT_CLASS'
>    66 |  { assign; }       \
>       |    ^~~~~~
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1759:3: note: in expansion of macro 'TP_fast_assign'
>  1759 |   TP_fast_assign(
>       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h: In function 'perf_trace_nfs4_write_event':
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1844:34: warning: unused variable 'lo' [-Wunused-variable]
>  1844 |    const struct pnfs_layout_hdr *lo = lseg ?
>       |                                  ^~
> include/trace/perf.h:66:4: note: in definition of macro 'DECLARE_EVENT_CLASS'
>    66 |  { assign; }       \
>       |    ^~~~~~
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1836:3: note: in expansion of macro 'TP_fast_assign'
>  1836 |   TP_fast_assign(
>       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h: In function 'perf_trace_nfs4_commit_event':
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1917:34: warning: unused variable 'lo' [-Wunused-variable]
>  1917 |    const struct pnfs_layout_hdr *lo = lseg ?
>       |                                  ^~
> include/trace/perf.h:66:4: note: in definition of macro 'DECLARE_EVENT_CLASS'
>    66 |  { assign; }       \
>       |    ^~~~~~
> fs/nfs/./nfs4trace.h:1911:3: note: in expansion of macro 'TP_fast_assign'
>  1911 |   TP_fast_assign(
>       |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> 
> Introduced by commit
> 
>   34daa637f2b2 ("NFS: Add layout segment info to pnfs read/write/commit tracepoints")

I am still getting this warning ...

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

Content of type "application/pgp-signature" skipped

Powered by blists - more mailing lists