lists.openwall.net   lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  linux-hardening  PHC 
Open Source and information security mailing list archives
 
Hash Suite: Windows password security audit tool. GUI, reports in PDF.
[<prev] [next>] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date:   Mon, 10 Aug 2020 17:31:08 -0700
From:   John Stultz <john.stultz@...aro.org>
To:     Akash Asthana <akashast@...eaurora.org>,
        Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@...aro.org>,
        Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Matthias Kaehlcke <mka@...omium.org>,
        Douglas Anderson <dianders@...omium.org>,
        Evan Green <evgreen@...omium.org>,
        Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@...ux.intel.com>,
        Saravana Kannan <saravanak@...gle.com>
Cc:     Amit Pundir <amit.pundir@...aro.org>, Todd Kjos <tkjos@...gle.com>,
        lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Regression: serial crash on db845c using modular config w/ 5.9-rc

When testing with modular configs w/ mainline on db845c, I've been
running into an early boot crash (nothing on the console - but serial
drivers as built as modules - so not surprising). After setting the
CONFIG_SERIAL_QCOM_GENI=y (along with other QCOM_GENI configs) to
debug, I've found the backtrace below.

I'm a little stumped as to what the issue might be. But wanted to
raise it in case anyone else is seeing similar. I don't see this issue
when using my non-modular config.

I've tried reverting most of the geni changes since v5.8, but that
hasn't seemed to help much, making me suspicious it's something else.

Any ideas?

thanks
-john


[    6.469057] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual
address ffffffe645d4e6cc
[    6.481623] Mem abort info:
[    6.484466]   ESR = 0x86000007
[    6.487557]   EC = 0x21: IABT (current EL), IL = 32 bits
[    6.492929]   SET = 0, FnV = 0
[    6.496016]   EA = 0, S1PTW = 0
[    6.499202] swapper pgtable: 4k pages, 39-bit VAs, pgdp=000000008151e000
[    6.501286] ufshcd-qcom 1d84000.ufshc: ufshcd_print_pwr_info:[RX,
TX]: gear=[3, 3], lane[2, 2], pwr[FAST MODE, FAST MODE], rate = 2
[    6.505977] [ffffffe645d4e6cc] pgd=000000017df9f003,
p4d=000000017df9f003, pud=000000017df9f003, pmd=000000017df9c003,
pte=0000000000000000
[    6.505990] Internal error: Oops: 86000007 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
[    6.505995] Modules linked in: zl10353 zl10039 zl10036 zd1301_demod
xc5000 xc4000 ves1x93 ves1820 tuner_xc2028 tuner_simple tuner_types
tua9001 tua6100 1
[    6.506152]  isl6405
[    6.518104] ufshcd-qcom 1d84000.ufshc:
ufshcd_find_max_sup_active_icc_level: Regulator capability was not
set, actvIccLevel=0
[    6.530549]  horus3a helene fc2580 fc0013 fc0012 fc0011 ec100 e4000
dvb_pll ds3000 drxk drxd drx39xyj dib9000 dib8000 dib7000p dib7000m
dib3000mc dibx003
[    6.624271] CPU: 7 PID: 148 Comm: kworker/7:2 Tainted: G        W
      5.8.0-mainline-12021-g6defd37ba1cd #3455
[    6.624273] Hardware name: Thundercomm Dragonboard 845c (DT)
[    6.624290] Workqueue: events deferred_probe_work_func
[    6.624296] pstate: 40c00005 (nZcv daif +PAN +UAO BTYPE=--)
[    6.624307] pc : qcom_geni_console_setup+0x0/0x110
[    6.624316] lr : try_enable_new_console+0xa0/0x140
[    6.624318] sp : ffffffc010843a30
[    6.624320] x29: ffffffc010843a30 x28: ffffffe645c3e7d0
[    6.624325] x27: ffffff80f8022180 x26: ffffffc010843b28
[    6.637937] x25: 0000000000000000 x24: ffffffe6462a2000
[    6.637941] x23: ffffffe646398000 x22: 0000000000000000
[    6.637945] x21: 0000000000000000 x20: ffffffe6462a5ce8
[    6.637952] x19: ffffffe646398e38 x18: ffffffffffffffff
[    6.680296] x17: 0000000000000000 x16: ffffffe64492b900
[    6.680300] x15: ffffffe6461e9d08 x14: 69202930203d2064
[    6.680305] x13: 7561625f65736162 x12: 202c363331203d20
[    6.696434] x11: 0000000000000030 x10: 0101010101010101
[    6.696438] x9 : 4d4d20746120304d x8 : 7f7f7f7f7f7f7f7f
[    6.707249] x7 : feff4c524c787373 x6 : 0000000000008080
[    6.707253] x5 : 0000000000000000 x4 : 8080000000000000
[    6.707257] x3 : 0000000000000000 x2 : ffffffe645d4e6cc
[    6.744223] qcom_geni_serial 898000.serial: dev_pm_opp_set_rate:
failed to find OPP for freq 102400000 (-34)
[    6.744966] x1 : fffffffefe74e174 x0 : ffffffe6462a5ce8
[    6.753580] qcom_geni_serial 898000.serial: dev_pm_opp_set_rate:
failed to find OPP for freq 102400000 (-34)
[    6.761634] Call trace:
[    6.761639]  qcom_geni_console_setup+0x0/0x110
[    6.761645]  register_console+0x29c/0x2f8
[    6.767981] Bluetooth: hci0: Frame reassembly failed (-84)
[    6.775252]  uart_add_one_port+0x438/0x500
[    6.775258]  qcom_geni_serial_probe+0x2c4/0x4a8
[    6.775266]  platform_drv_probe+0x58/0xa8
[    6.855359]  really_probe+0xec/0x398
[    6.855362]  driver_probe_device+0x5c/0xb8
[    6.855367]  __device_attach_driver+0x98/0xb8
[    7.184945]  bus_for_each_drv+0x74/0xd8
[    7.188825]  __device_attach+0xec/0x148
[    7.192705]  device_initial_probe+0x24/0x30
[    7.196937]  bus_probe_device+0x9c/0xa8
[    7.200816]  deferred_probe_work_func+0x7c/0xb8
[    7.205398]  process_one_work+0x20c/0x4b0
[    7.209456]  worker_thread+0x48/0x460
[    7.213157]  kthread+0x14c/0x158
[    7.216432]  ret_from_fork+0x10/0x18
[    7.220049] Code: bad PC value
[    7.223139] ---[ end trace 73f3b21e251d5a70 ]---

Powered by blists - more mailing lists