Date:   Mon, 17 Aug 2020 13:41:49 +0100
From:   Marc Zyngier <maz@...nel.org>
To:     Enric Balletbo i Serra <enric.balletbo@...labora.com>
Cc:     Guillaume Tucker <guillaume.tucker@...labora.com>,
        Rob Herring <robh@...nel.org>,
        Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@...ha.franken.de>,
        Jiaxun Yang <jiaxun.yang@...goat.com>,
        kernelci-results@...ups.io, gtucker@...labora.com,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        Frank Rowand <frowand.list@...il.com>,
        devicetree@...r.kernel.org, Rob Herring <robh+dt@...nel.org>,
        kernel@...labora.com
Subject: Re: mainline/master bisection: baseline.bootrr.rockchip-pcie-probed
 on rk3399-gru-kevin

On 2020-08-17 11:11, Enric Balletbo i Serra wrote:
> Hi Guillaume et all,
>
> On 17/8/20 12:02, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please see the bisection report below about a driver probe
>> regression with rockchip-pcie.
>>
>> Reports aren't automatically sent to the public while we're
>> trialing new bisection features on kernelci.org but this one
>> looks valid.
>>

> Thank you for make it public. It's nice to see kernelCI catching these
> things.
>
>> It seems to be due to this error:
>>
>>   <6>[   16.842128] rockchip-pcie f8000000.pcie: no vpcie12v regulator
>> found
>>

> I just noticed some patches in the ML that might help to fix the issue.
> It is
> not related to the above message though.

This message is always there, and is harmless (the regulator is
optional).

> I suspect the following series sent by Marc (cc'ied in this email) will
> fix the
> issue [1]. I'd expect the patches to land as a fix for this release.

This is indeed related to the rk3399 DT issue, and how the bisected
patch
only makes it plain that the DT has always been broken. The patches you
point
to should paper over the problem, and I'd appreciate some feedback on
them.

There may be a few more systems affected by this issue (at least MTK and
QC
systems could be affected as well).

         M.