Date:   Mon, 7 Sep 2020 08:53:22 +0530
From:   Bhaskar Chowdhury <unixbhaskar@...il.com>
To:     Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
Subject: Re: ...and it built and boots without fuss.. Linux 5.9-rc4

On 17:37 Sun 06 Sep 2020, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>Hey, last weekend I said that rc3 was fairly small, and it was likely
>due to the usual timing fluctuations in pull requests. And guess what?
>Here we are, a week later, and yup - rc4 has all the pieces that were
>missing from rc3, and is larger than usual.
>
>It's not outrageously so, and we've had bigger rc4's, so it while it's
>a bit larger than average, it's all well within the normal range, and
>not something I'll lose any sleep over.
>
>We've got changes all over, with the expected networking fixes perhaps
>standing out, but there's all the usual suspects: drivers (sound,
>nvme, gpu, iommu, mmc etc), filesystems (btrfs, afs, affs(!) and xfs),
>architecture updates (a little bit of this, a little bit of that) and
>documentation and tooling (mainly perf). Plus misc core noise, mainly
>mm.
>
>But most of it looks pretty small, with a couple of bigger blips in
>the diffstat (intel pstate cpufreq driver, mac802.11 data rates, xen
>memory allocation helpers). But even those blips aren't exactly huge,
>they just end up standing out by being more than a few handfuls of
>lines of change.
>
>So I certainly can't claim that things have calmed down, but hopefully
>this was pretty much it. Knock wood.
>
>Go test. Pretty please.
>
>                 Linus
>
>---

Well,something trivial for the eyes!

[    3.634570] EXT4-fs (sda): recovery complete
[    3.651778] EXT4-fs (sda): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[    3.653932] ext4 filesystem being mounted at /root supports timestamps until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
[    3.654833] VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) on device 8:0.
[    3.670791] devtmpfs: mounted
[    3.703946] Freeing unused decrypted memory: 2040K
[    3.807007] Freeing unused kernel image (initmem) memory: 1600K
[    3.808081] tsc: Refined TSC clocksource calibration: 2194.919 MHz
[    3.808823] clocksource: tsc: mask: 0xffffffffffffffff max_cycles: 0x1fa372fc492, max_idle_ns: 440795285018 ns
[    3.809829] clocksource: Switched to clocksource tsc
[    3.810641] Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 26624k
[    3.816295] Freeing unused kernel image (text/rodata gap) memory: 2040K
[    3.818689] Freeing unused kernel image (rodata/data gap) memory: 908K
[    3.819419] rodata_test: all tests were successful
[    3.820129] Run /sbin/init as init process
[    4.078422] EXT4-fs (sda): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
[    4.079694] ext4 filesystem being remounted at / supports timestamps until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
Starting syslogd: OK
Starting klogd: OK
Running sysctl: OK
Initializing random number generator: OK
Saving random seed: [    5.344011] random: crng init done
OK
Starting network: OK

Welcome to Buildroot_Linux
Bhaskar_Thinkpad_x250 login: root
# uname -a
Linux Bhaskar_Thinkpad_x250 5.9.0-rc4-Gentoo #1 SMP Mon Sep 7 06:56:51 IST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks,
Bhaskar