Date:   Wed, 30 Sep 2020 15:12:00 +0000
From:   "Limonciello, Mario" <Mario.Limonciello@...l.com>
To:     Hans de Goede <hdegoede@...hat.com>,
        Barnabás Pőcze <pobrn@...tonmail.com>,
        Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@...ux.intel.com>
CC:     "platform-driver-x86@...r.kernel.org"
        <platform-driver-x86@...r.kernel.org>,
        Takashi Iwai <tiwai@...e.de>
Subject: RE: Keyboard regression by intel-vbtn

Looking through some publicly found content I think I might have figured out what
bight be the missing link.

https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/detecting-slate-clamshell-mode-and-screen-orientation-in-convertible-pc-1.pdf

You can see that the device with CID PNP0C60 is supposed to indicate the presence
of a convertible hinge.  We don't currently have anything that matches that _CID or _HID
in intel-vbtn.

In the DSDT dump you can see that the status method for the INT33D3 device returns
0x0F on 2-in-1.s

        Device (CIND)
        {
            Name (_HID, "INT33D3" /* Intel GPIO Buttons */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
            Name (_CID, "PNP0C60" /* Display Sensor Device */)  // _CID: Compatible ID
            Method (_STA, 0, Serialized)  // _STA: Status
            {
                If ((OSYS >= 0x07DC))
                {
                    Return (0x0F)
                }

                Return (Zero)
            }
        }

On a non 2-in-1 device I don't see this present.  So I think we should have intel-vbtn
look for that INT33D3/PNP0C60 device to decide whether to offer the switch.

Similarly as mentioned in that document I think that we should not be showing the
docking switch only when INT33D4/PNP0C70 is present and returns 0xF.