Date:   Sat, 14 Nov 2020 17:40:36 +0200
From:   Hussam Al-Tayeb <ht990332@....com>
Subject: Suggestion: Lengthen the review period for stable releases from 48
 hours to 7 days.

Hello. I would like to suggest lengthening the review period for stable
releases from 48 hours to 7 days.
The rationale is that 48 hours is not enough for people to test those
stable releases and make sure there are no regressions for particular
workflows.
This is especially important for companies deploying those kernels in
production machines. Often those releases are on weekends as well
further limiting the ability to test.
It is of course possible to skip stable updates that have large numbers
of patches and only update once a month but I feel a longer testing
period will work best for everyone.
It is, of course, always possible to exempt urgent security releases
from the waiting period.

Thank you.
Hussam.