Date:   Fri, 1 Jan 2021 13:21:52 -0800
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@...senpartnership.com>
Cc:     Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
        linux-scsi <linux-scsi@...r.kernel.org>,
        linux-kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] SCSI fixes for 5.11-rc1

On Fri, Jan 1, 2021 at 12:19 PM James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@...senpartnership.com> wrote:

> Originally this change was slated for the merge window but a late
> arriving build problem with CONFIG_PM=n derailed that.

So I've pulled this, but we need to have a policy for reverting this
quickly if it turns out to cause problems.

I'm not worried about any remaining build issues - but I'm simply
worried about some missed case where code depended on the block layer
passing commands through even while suspended.

The block bits would seem affect non-SCSI stuff too, how extensively
have any random odd special case been tested?

So I'm not so much with you on the "the scary case is the spi domain
validation case".  I'm more about "what about all the other random
cases for random special drivers"

                Linus