Date:   Wed, 27 Jan 2021 10:22:29 +0100
From:   Łukasz Majczak <lma@...ihalf.com>
To:     Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>, linux-mm@...ck.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Mike Rapoport <rppt@...ux.ibm.com>
Cc:     Radosław Biernacki <rad@...ihalf.com>,
        Marcin Wojtas <mw@...ihalf.com>,
        Alex Levin <levinale@...gle.com>,
        Guenter Roeck <groeck@...gle.com>,
        Jesse Barnes <jsbarnes@...gle.com>
Subject: PROBLEM: Crash after mm: fix initialization of struct page for holes
 in memory layout

Crash after mm: fix initialization of struct page for holes in memory layout

Hi,
I was trying to run v5.11-rc5 on my Samsung Chromebook Pro (Caroline),
but I've noticed it has crashed - unfortunately it seems to happen at
a very early stage - No output to the console nor to the screen, so I
have started a bisect (between 5.11-rc4 - which works just find - and
5.11-rc5),
bisect results points to:

d3921cb8be29 mm: fix initialization of struct page for holes in memory layout

Reproduction is just to build and load the kernel.

If it will help any how I am attaching:
- /proc/cpuinfo (from healthy system):
https://gist.github.com/semihalf-majczak-lukasz/3517867bf39f07377c1a785b64a97066
- my .config file (for a broken system):
https://gist.github.com/semihalf-majczak-lukasz/584b329f1bf3e43b53efe8e18b5da33c

If there is anything I could add/do/test to help fix this please let me know.

Best regards
Lukasz