Date:   Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:16:33 +0200
From:   Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...db.de>
To:     Rasmus Villemoes <linux@...musvillemoes.dk>
Cc:     LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Jonathan Corbet <corbet@....net>
Subject: Re: RFC: collection of common distro configs?

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 12:26 PM Rasmus Villemoes
<linux@...musvillemoes.dk> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Does anybody know of a place where one can find a collection of .configs
> from various distros? I think it might be useful to be able to grep
> around to see what features are actually enabled by which distros.
>
> Based on the domain name, I hoped linuxconfig.org would be such a place,
> if so I cannot find it.
>
> If no such collection exists, do others agree it might be useful? If so,
> I'll be happy to throw up a repo somewhere and start collecting them.

I've looked for this in the past and couldn't find any, and I think this
would be very valuable, but it also sounds like a lot of work for you
to maintain.

Another thing we had discussed previously would be to check in
distro configs into the kernel itself in some form and have the distros
only maintain the diff that they would like to apply on top, in form
of a config fragment.

     Arnd