Date:   Tue, 1 Jun 2021 00:42:22 +0200
From:   Didier Spaier <didier@...nt.fr>
To:     Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@...-lyon.org>,
        Igor Matheus Andrade Torrente <igormtorrente@...il.com>,
        speakup@...ux-speakup.org, corbet@....net,
        gregkh@...uxfoundation.org, grandmaster@...klimov.de,
        rdunlap@...radead.org, linux-doc@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: docs: Convert the Speakup guide to rst

Hello,

On 01/06/2021 00:07, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Mmm, I'm unsure how the result is readable with the speakup screen
> reader itself. I have attached the result, could people on the speakup
> mailing list check how well it goes? If it significantly degrades
> readability, we'll have to reject the move to rst formatting, since in
> the end it's people who use the speakup screen reader who need to be
> able to read this document.
>
> Samuel

Can we not have two versions? I don't have Sphinx installed (used to format
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/index.html) but converted
speakup.rst to
html5 using rst2html5.py and indeed the output is way better looking and
easier
to navigate than the txt version.

And anyway can we just provide a link to the web page that will be built
from the rst file? I think it should be accessible in graphical web
browsers as
in console ones (I tried using links, lynx and w3m).

As an aside the document still states:
Speakup does NOT support usb connections!

Is it still true? PS I widely prefer the asciidoc/asciidoctor format
than rst,
but the choice has been done for the Linux Kernel documentation, I know...

Didier