Date:   Mon, 31 May 2021 18:36:12 +0800
From:   moyufeng <moyufeng@...wei.com>
To:     Jakub Kicinski <jakub.kicinski@...ronome.com>,
        Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>
CC:     Parav Pandit <parav@...lanox.com>,
        Or Gerlitz <gerlitz.or@...il.com>,
        "michal.lkml@...kovi.net" <michal.lkml@...kovi.net>,
        "davem@...emloft.net" <davem@...emloft.net>,
        "gregkh@...uxfoundation.org" <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        Jiri Pirko <jiri@...lanox.com>,
        Salil Mehta <salil.mehta@...wei.com>,
        "lipeng (Y)" <lipeng321@...wei.com>,
        <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Guangbin Huang <huangguangbin2@...wei.com>,
        <shenjian15@...wei.com>, <linyunsheng@...wei.com>,
        "chenhao (DY)" <chenhao288@...ilicon.com>,
        Jiaran Zhang <zhangjiaran@...wei.com>
Subject: Re: RE: [RFC net-next 0/8] Introducing subdev bus and devlink
 extension

Hi, Jiri & Jakub

    Generally, a devlink instance is created for each PF/VF. This
facilitates the query and configuration of the settings of each
function. But if some common objects, like the health status of
the entire ASIC, the data read by those instances will be duplicate.

    So I wonder do I just need to apply a public devlink instance for the
entire ASIC to avoid reading the same data? If so, then I can't set
parameters for each function individually. Or is there a better suggestion
to implement it?

    Thanks! ~