Date:   Wed, 2 Jun 2021 15:43:19 +0800
From:   Chris Chiu <chris.chiu@...onical.com>
To:     arnd@...db.de, Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        ricky_wu@...ltek.com, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@...gle.com>,
        vaibhavgupta40@...il.com, rui_feng@...lsil.com.cn,
        keitasuzuki.park@...ab.ics.keio.ac.jp, gordon.lack@....pipex.com
Cc:     Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: SD card fails to be detected on the second insertion

Hi,
    We got the bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1929444
which said the SD card would not be detected correctly after
replugging. Please check the
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1929444/+attachment/5500291/+files/rtsx.info
for the dmesg of card insertion/removal. It fails at SD/MMC CMD2 at
replugging the SD card. We found that reverting commit 121e9c6b5c4
("misc: rtsx: modify and fix init_hw function") can get the SD card
back to work for each insertion (the dependent commit 38d98d73be9
"misc: rtsx: remove unused function" also need to be reverted). I
don't really know what goes wrong in that commit and I don't have that
pci interfaced card reader (10ec:5287). @Rui, can you help verify what
could possibly go wrong with that commit? Thanks

Chris