Date:   Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:51:58 -0700
From:   Rob Clark <robdclark@...il.com>
To:     vhiren@...eaurora.com
Cc:     Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@...aro.org>,
        adrian.hunter@...el.com, Rob Herring <robh+dt@...nel.org>,
        Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@...aro.org>,
        Asutosh Das <asutoshd@...eaurora.org>, stummala@...eaurora.org,
        sayalil@...eaurora.org, rampraka@...eaurora.org,
        vbadigan@...eaurora.org, Stephen Boyd <sboyd@...nel.org>,
        Georgi Djakov <georgi.djakov@...aro.org>,
        Matthias Kaehlcke <mka@...omium.org>,
        linux-mmc@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-arm-msm <linux-arm-msm@...r.kernel.org>,
        "open list:OPEN FIRMWARE AND FLATTENED DEVICE TREE BINDINGS"
        <devicetree@...r.kernel.org>, Andy Gross <agross@...nel.org>,
        linux-mmc-owner@...r.kernel.org, nitirawa@...eaurora.org
Subject: Re: Re : Query on UFS Lun detection

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 6:28 AM <vhiren@...eaurora.com> wrote:

> Hi Community,
>
> We are using UFS as a boot device, and we encountered an error,
> mentioned below while booting through UFS.
>

> APPS Crash - Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
> unknown-block(8,7)
>
> Here in Kernel command line we are passing "root=sda7", this is our
> Filesystem partition to be mounted.
>
> While debugging the same we observed the partition which is suppose to
> be mounted as Filesystem is not enumerated  itself.
> The reason behind not enumerating of partition is, the other Lun got
> detected first instead of one which is having FS partition.

Use the UUID or PARTUUID instead, ie:

  root=UUID=13846802-672b-4a5d-9f0a-22d13957add3

(but you'd have to check the actual UUID of your partition with a tool
like blkid

BR,
-R