Date:   Wed, 16 Jun 2021 20:27:39 -0400
From:   Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@...nok.org>
To:     Jianxiong Gao <jxgao@...gle.com>
Cc:     Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@...cle.com>,
        Christoph Hellwig <hch@....de>,
        Dominique MARTINET <dominique.martinet@...ark-techno.com>,
        Horia Geantă <horia.geanta@....com>,
        Lukas Hartmann <lukas@...mn.com>,
        Aymen Sghaier <aymen.sghaier@....com>,
        Herbert Xu <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>,
        "linux-crypto@...r.kernel.org" <linux-crypto@...r.kernel.org>,
        "iommu@...ts.linux-foundation.org" <iommu@...ts.linux-foundation.org>,
        Marc Orr <marcorr@...gle.com>,
        Erdem Aktas <erdemaktas@...gle.com>,
        Peter Gonda <pgonda@...gle.com>
Subject: Re: swiotlb/caamjr regression (Was: [GIT PULL] (swiotlb)
 stable/for-linus-5.12)

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 01:49:54PM -0700, Jianxiong Gao wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 3:35 AM Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
> <konrad.wilk@...cle.com> wrote:

> > > FYI, there has been a patch on the list that should have fixed this
> > > for about a month:
> > >
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-iommu/20210510091816.GA2084@lst.de/T/#m0d0df6490350a08dcc24c9086c8edc165b402d6f
> > >
> > > but it seems like it never got picked up.
> >
> > Jianxiong,
> > Would you be up for testing this patch on your NVMe rig please? I don't
> > forsee a problem.. but just in case
> >
> I have tested the attached patch and it generates an error when
> formatting a disk to xfs format in Rhel 8 environment:

Thank you for testing that - and this is a bummer indeed.

Jianxiong,
How unique is this NVMe? Should I be able to reproduce this with any
type or is it specific to Google Cloud?

Dominique, Horia,

Are those crypto devices somehow easily available to test out the
patches?

P.S.
Most unfortunate timing - I am out in rural areas in US with not great
Internet, so won't be able to get fully down to this until Monday.