Date:   Mon, 21 Jun 2021 11:55:22 +0900
From:   "Chanho Park" <chanho61.park@...sung.com>
To:     "'Dominique MARTINET'" <dominique.martinet@...ark-techno.com>,
        "'Jianxiong Gao'" <jxgao@...gle.com>
Cc:     "'Christoph Hellwig'" <hch@....de>,
        "'Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk'" <konrad@...nok.org>,
        "'Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk'" <konrad.wilk@...cle.com>,
        "'Linus Torvalds'" <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>,
        'Horia Geantă' <horia.geanta@....com>,
        <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        "'Lukas Hartmann'" <lukas@...mn.com>,
        "'Aymen Sghaier'" <aymen.sghaier@....com>,
        "'Herbert Xu'" <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>,
        "'David S. Miller'" <davem@...emloft.net>,
        <linux-crypto@...r.kernel.org>, <iommu@...ts.linux-foundation.org>,
        "'Marc Orr'" <marcorr@...gle.com>,
        "'Erdem Aktas'" <erdemaktas@...gle.com>,
        "'Peter Gonda'" <pgonda@...gle.com>,
        "'Bumyong Lee'" <bumyong.lee@...sung.com>
Subject: RE: swiotlb/caamjr regression (Was: [GIT PULL] (swiotlb)
 stable/for-linus-5.12)

+ Bumyong who is the original author of the patch.

Hi Dominique,

> Thanks!
> (a bit late, but added Chanho Park in Cc...)
>
> I can confirm it also works for our caam problem, as Horia said.
>
> I've also come to term with the use of swiotlb_align_offset() through
> testing, or rather many devices seem to have a 0 mask so it will almost
> always be cancelled out, so if it works for Jianxiong then it's probably
> good enough and I'll just assume that's how the orig_addr has been
> designed...
>
> I think it's missing a couple of checks like the one Linus had in his
> patch, and would be comfortable with something like the attached patch (in
> practice for me exactly the same as the original patch, except I've added
> two checks: offsets smaller than orig addr offset are refused as well as
> offsets bigger than the mapping size)
>
> I'm sorry Jianxiong but would you be willing to take the time to test
> again just to make sure there were no such offsets in your case?
>

> If we're good with that I'll send it as an official v2 keeping Chanho's
> from, unless he wants to.

Sure. No problem. But, the patch was already stacked on Konrad's tree
and linux-next as well.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/swiotlb.git/commit/?h=devel/for-linus-5.14&id=33d1641f38f0c327bc3e5c21de585c77a6512bc6

Best Regards,
Chanho Park