Date:   Tue, 6 Jul 2021 19:07:09 +0200
From:   John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@...sik.fu-berlin.de>
To:     Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@...nel.org>,
        Richard Henderson <rth@...ddle.net>,
        Ivan Kokshaysky <ink@...assic.park.msu.ru>,
        Matt Turner <mattst88@...il.com>
Cc:     linux-alpha@...r.kernel.org,
        Krzysztof WilczyƄski <kw@...ux.com>,
        Eric Biederman <ebiederm@...ssion.com>,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: add linux-alpha archives to lore.kernel.org?

Hi Bjorn!

On 7/6/21 6:12 PM, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> Is there any interest in adding linux-alpha archives to
> lore.kernel.org?  See https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html for
> details.
>
> I don't know whether alpha is still viable.  Krzysztof has been
> struggling to get a working alpha qemu and userspace working to do
> boot testing of some PCI-related changes, and it's pretty hard.  But
> maybe it's at least of historical interest, since alpha was one of the
> first non-x86 ports?

If Krzysztof has any patches for testing available, I'm happy to give those
a spin on any of my Alphas. I have various AlphaStations available (233,
433au, XP1000 as well as a DS-20E and an ES-40).

> Cc'd you, Eric, since you've done recent alpha fixes and apparently
> have a bootable qemu-system-alpha:
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-alpha/msg07206.html

FWIW, I haven't had any issues installing Debian unstable inside qemu-system-alpha
with the images I am regularly creating for Debian Ports:

> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2021-06-09/

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz