Date:   Tue, 6 Jul 2021 09:45:47 +0200
From:   Norbert Manthey <nmanthey@...zon.de>
To:     LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
CC:     "Woodhouse, David" <dwmw@...zon.co.uk>,
        "foersleo@...zon.de" <foersleo@...zon.de>,
        Gustavo Pimentel <gustavo.pimentel@...opsys.com>,
        "Gustavo A. R. Silva" <garsilva@...eddedor.com>,
        Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>,
        Kroah-Hartman <greg@...ah.com>,
        Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
Subject: Coverity Scan model file, license, public access

Dear all,

I would like to work with code analysis on the Linux kernel. The
currently used Coverity setup already uses a model file [1] to improve
the precision of the analysis. To the best of my knowledge, this model
file is currently not publicly accessible. I did not find a license
attached to  [1], nor any information about licensing.

To improve the way Coverity is used, I would like to move this model
file into a public repository, and add a license. I wonder whom else I
should involve into this process. Is there a recommended place for the
location of the license? I assume the targeted license should be GPL,
and would like to understand whether that works with the way this file
is currently maintained.

Best,
Norbert

[1] https://scan.coverity.com/projects/linux-next-weekly-scan/model_file

Amazon Development Center Germany GmbH
Krausenstr. 38
10117 Berlin
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Christian Schlaeger, Jonathan Weiss
Eingetragen am Amtsgericht Charlottenburg unter HRB 149173 B
Sitz: Berlin
Ust-ID: DE 289 237 879