Date:   Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:46:35 +0300
From:   "Leonidas P. Papadakos" <papadakospan@...il.com>
To:     zajec5@...il.com
Cc:     almaz.alexandrovich@...agon-software.com, djwong@...nel.org,
        gregkh@...uxfoundation.org, hdegoede@...hat.com,
        linux-fsdevel@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
        torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, viro@...iv.linux.org.uk,
        willy@...radead.org
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] vboxsf fixes for 5.14-1

On the subject of this merge, I have to stress that this ntfs driver (fs/ntfs3, which would probably replace fs/ntfs, right?) is an important feature, from a user perspective. It would mean having good support for a cross-platform filesystem suitable for hard drives. exFAT is welcome, but it's a simple filesystem for flash storage.

Relevant xkcd: https://xkcd.com/619/

I think Paragon has been very good about supporting this driver with 26 patchsets and in my mind it would be suitable for staging. I've seen the discussion slow down since May, and I've been excited to see this merged. This driver is already in a much better feature state than the old ntfs driver from 2001.