Date:   Wed, 28 Jul 2021 08:23:25 +0200
From:   Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
To:     Dmitry Baryshkov <dmitry.baryshkov@...aro.org>
Cc:     "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...ysocki.net>,
        Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>, linux-pm@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, Andy Gross <agross@...nel.org>,
        Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@...aro.org>,
        linux-arm-msm@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: PM: add two device managed helpers

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 12:02:00AM +0300, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:
> Qualcomm clock controller code (and most probably other drivers) would
> benefit from having devres helpers for pm_runtime_enable() and
> pm_clk_create(). Add those two helpers.

I do not want to add new "helpers" without seeing them actually used in
the kernel at the same time, so that we can verify they work and make
code easier to understand.

So please feel free to resubmit this as a patch series that uses them,
adding apis that no one uses is not a good idea.

thanks,

greg k-h