Date:   Sat, 7 Aug 2021 18:45:25 -0700
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Hillf Danton <hdanton@...a.com>
Cc:     "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@...ssion.com>,
        Alexey Gladkov <legion@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] ucount fix for v5.14-rc

On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 6:21 PM Hillf Danton <hdanton@...a.com> wrote:

> The smart syzbot reported it, Sir.

Where?

Do you have something _after_ the fix that got merged and that this
condition between alloc_ucounts and put_ucounts")

Because that fix matches the syzbot reports I saw. It explains them
100%, and the fix is clearly the right thing.

> If it is so ObviouslyCorrect(tm) then where is the count screwup coming from?

The syzbot reports I see are the ones from _before_ the fix.

And the bug was the one I have now exhaustively explained to you
several times. That got fixed.

So where's the report after the fix?

Point to it. Christ, Hilf, I've been asking you to explain yourself
too many times already.

I'm going to stop wasting my time with your emails unless you can
point to an actual report. No more  made-up examples that have nothing
to back them up and where you don't react to my answers to them except
with more verbiage without any technical details.

              Linus