Date:   Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:15:24 +0300
From:   Pavel Skripkin <paskripkin@...il.com>
To:     Dongliang Mu <mudongliangabcd@...il.com>,
        syzbot <syzbot+398e7dc692ddbbb4cfec@...kaller.appspotmail.com>
Cc:     Greg KH <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>,
        linux-kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, rafael@...nel.org,
        syzkaller-bugs <syzkaller-bugs@...glegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [syzbot] memory leak in __mdiobus_register

On 9/28/21 10:42, Dongliang Mu wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 7:44 AM syzbot
> <syzbot+398e7dc692ddbbb4cfec@...kaller.appspotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> syzbot has tested the proposed patch and the reproducer did not trigger any issue:
>>
>> Reported-and-tested-by: syzbot+398e7dc692ddbbb4cfec@...kaller.appspotmail.com
>>
>> Tested on:
>>
>> commit:         5816b3e6 Linux 5.15-rc3
>> git tree:       upstream
>> kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=41799858eb55f380
>> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=398e7dc692ddbbb4cfec
>> compiler:       gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2
>> patch:          https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/patch.diff?x=1147b840b00000
>>
>> Note: testing is done by a robot and is best-effort only.
>
> Hi Pavel,
>
> Confirm the patch you posted [1] is the real fix of this bug report.
>
> I tested the patch from Yanfei Xu [2] in my local workspace, and the
> memory leak is still triggered. In addition, I have pushed a patch
> request for that patch. The result would prove that patch is not
> working for this bug.
>
> BTW, there occur incorrect fix commits on the syzbot dashboard
> sometimes. Maybe it should be cleaned in the future.

Hi, Dongliang,

thank you for confirmation. As I said in reply to [1] Yanfei's patch is
also correct, but it solves other memory leak in same function.

AFAIU, if my patch will be applied too there will be 2 fix patches on
syzkaller bug report page, so no need to remove Yanfei's patch from bug
report page :)

> [1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2021/9/27/289
> [2] https://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg4089781.html

With regards,