Date:   Fri, 15 Oct 2021 12:40:00 -0700
From:   Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@...il.com>
To:     "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rafael.j.wysocki@...el.com>
Cc:     LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux Memory Management List <linux-mm@...ck.org>,
        lkp@...ts.01.org, lkp@...el.com,
        kernel test robot <oliver.sang@...el.com>
Subject: Re: [PM] bfcc1e67ff:
 kernel-selftests.breakpoints.step_after_suspend_test.fail

On 10/15/21 11:45 AM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On 10/14/2021 11:55 PM, Florian Fainelli wrote:

>>> Yes, there are systems with ACPI that don't support S3.
>> OK and do you know what happens when we enter suspend with "mem" in
>> those cases? Do we immediately return because ultimately the firmware
>> does not support ACPI S3?
>
> "mem" should not be present in the list of available strings then, so it
> should be rejected right away.

Well yes, that was the purpose of the patch I submitted, but assuming
that we did provide "mem" as one of the possible standby modes even
though that was wrong (before patch), and the test was trying to enter
ACPI S3 standby, what would have happened, would the ACPI firmware honor
the request but return an error, or would it actually enter ACPI S3?

In any case, I will change the test to check that this is a supported
standby mode before trying it.
--
Florian