Date:   Tue, 16 Nov 2021 05:52:56 +0100
From:   Harald Dunkel <harri@...ics.de>
Subject: 5.15 regression: CONFIG_SYSFB_SIMPLEFB breaks console scrolling

Hi folks,

if I enable CONFIG_SYSFB_SIMPLEFB in 5.15.2 and use grub's default configuration
(Debian sid amd64), then a few lines at the bottom of /dev/tty1 including
login prompt are off-screen. Scrolling is broken. I can login, though.

Enabling GRUB_TERMINAL=console in grub doesn't make a difference. Using
the same kernel except for CONFIG_SYSFB_SIMPLEFB the problem is gone.

Graphics card is a GeForce GTX 1650. I tried with both CONFIG_DRM_NOUVEAU
and proprietary graphics drivers disabled.

Attached you can find the config file. Please mail if I can help to track
this problem down.

Regards
Harri

View attachment "config-5.15.txt" of type "text/plain" (204134 bytes)