Date:   Wed, 12 Jan 2022 09:38:58 +0800
From:   Hao Sun <sunhao.th@...il.com>
To:     Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@...gle.com>
Cc:     Kaia Yadira <hypericumperforatum4444@...il.com>,
        kvartet <xyru1999@...il.com>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        syzkaller-bugs <syzkaller-bugs@...glegroups.com>,
        syzkaller <syzkaller@...glegroups.com>,
        Ingo Molnar <mingo@...nel.org>,
        Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
Subject: Re: KCSAN: data-race in tick_nohz_stop_tick / tick_sched_timer

Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@...gle.com> 于2022年1月12日周三 01:18写道:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 at 17:56, Kaia Yadira
> <hypericumperforatum4444@...il.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm sorry. They are similar but I can't tell if they are the same bug,
> > so I report them individually.
>
> +CC list back
>
> I did not mean that you report similar bugs. I meant that you and
> kvartet seem to be following the same process. There are several
> complaints about the quality of reports. So I am wondering what you
> are doing/why/what's your goal.
>
> Hao Sun, you are CCed on all emails, maybe you can shed some light on this?

Hi Dmitry,

I'm on holiday and ignored these emails.
kvartet is an acquaintance of mine, I have no idea who Kaia is.
I have little knowledge of their actions. They may be new to the
kernel community and may not understand the rules in reporting bugs

Maybe we should add some `WARNING` in Syzkaller docs, e.g.,
`how_to_report_bug.md`, to tell people to polish their reports before
sending them out.
Or maybe we should just suppress all the `task-hung` and `kcsan`
reports in Syzkaller by default, enable them manually if the user
knows what they are doing.

Hao