Date:   Fri, 21 Jan 2022 16:56:43 -0800
From:   Colin Foster <colin.foster@...advantage.com>
To:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Cc:     Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke@...hat.com>,
        John Fastabend <john.fastabend@...il.com>,
        Alexei Starovoitov <ast@...nel.org>,
        Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>,
        Ilias Apalodimas <ilias.apalodimas@...aro.org>,
        Jesper Dangaard Brouer <hawk@...nel.org>
Subject: [net RFC v1 0/1] Fix NULL pointer dereference in page_pool

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my config, but as soon as I
run "ip link set eth0 up" I would get a crash that would invoke a
seemingly endless memory dump.

git bisect led me to the page_pool, where there isn't the existence of
page_pool_params inside of the pool. Therefore the check of
if (pool->p.init_callback) would cause a crash.

I have some out-of-tree patches currently, so I'm not sure if my case is
valid. Specifically the MTU of cpsw_new has been updated to 1520 to
account for my setup (beaglebone with eth0 as the CPU port of a DSA).
I'm also not familiar with much of net/core.

If it is valid that page_pool might not have page_pool_params in a DSA
scenario, then hopefully this patch is sufficient. If it isn't valid and
something I'm doing is invoking a memory issue - then I've got my work
cut out for me :-)

Colin Foster (1):
  page_pool: fix NULL dereference crash

 net/core/page_pool.c | 2 +-