Date:   Fri, 4 Feb 2022 09:50:51 -0800
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Dominique Martinet <asmadeus@...ewreck.org>
Cc:     v9fs-developer@...ts.sourceforge.net,
        stable <stable@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] 9p for 5.17-rc3

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 2:53 AM Dominique Martinet
<asmadeus@...ewreck.org> wrote:

> I rarely send fixes out small things before rc1, for single patches do
> you have a preference between a pull request or just resending the patch
> again with you added to recipients after reviews?

Generally, pull requests are what I prefer, partly for the workflow,
partly for the signed tags, and partly because then the patch also
gets that same base commit that you tested on.

That said, despite all those reasons, it's a _very_ weak preference
when we're talking a single individual patch.

So if it's easier for you to just send a change as a patch, I still
very much apply individual patches too.

             Linus