Date:   Tue, 8 Feb 2022 18:59:58 +0100
From:   "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rafael@...nel.org>
To:     Thorsten Leemhuis <regressions@...mhuis.info>
Cc:     Paul Menzel <pmenzel@...gen.mpg.de>,
        "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rafael.j.wysocki@...el.com>,
        ACPI Devel Maling List <linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Linux PCI <linux-pci@...r.kernel.org>,
        regressions@...ts.linux.dev
Subject: Re: 100 ms boot time increase regression in acpi_init()/acpi_scan_bus()

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 1:03 PM Thorsten Leemhuis
<regressions@...mhuis.info> wrote:

> Hi, this is your Linux kernel regression tracker speaking.
>
> Top-posting for once, to make this easy accessible to everyone.
>
> @Rafael or any other @acpi/@pm developer: what's the status here?
> Neither in this thread nor in the bug ticket anything happened afaics.
> Or is a 100ms boot time increase considered "not a regression"?

It is on my list of things to look into, because it used to work
faster, so depending on what change made it work slower, it may be
possible to restore the previous performance without sacrificing too
much.

I honestly don't think that it is a noticeable issue for users in the
field, though.