Date:   Fri, 25 Feb 2022 11:11:49 +0000
From:   David Laight <David.Laight@...LAB.COM>
To:     'Willy Tarreau' <w@....eu>
CC:     'Steven Rostedt' <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
        Petr Mladek <pmladek@...e.com>,
        "Sergey Senozhatsky" <senozhatsky@...omium.org>,
        John Ogness <john.ogness@...utronix.de>
Subject: RE: Strange output on the console

From: Willy Tarreau

Ok, that bit is probably output after the fifo is disabled.

But a few lines later you get:

TntiTet_TetkT t:TetyTvt:TntaTttTet TeteTvtnTntnTvtnT teT teTettTettKTeteTttnTnteTttaTttaTetKTttOTet:TvtnTvtltTntw Tnt:T tOTvt_Tnt:TvtKTntnT tsTvtsTttsTttsTttosTvtotTtt:TntrTntOTet T ttTvtKT tKT teTnttTettTntaTntdTttaT taTeteT tTtt TttrTntlTvt:TetkT tTtttTnteTttOTetkTvtsTeteT tlTttoTntoTetpTvtpTetsTvtvTvteTntOTet
TttTetsTetsTntsTetKT t TttiTttT tnT tOTnt_TttrTtttTntKTetOTtteTnt:T tKTttpTvdoT dxTvdnTtd TedtTedoTvdiTedaTedT d Ttd:TedtTtd TeddTvdKTediTndgTednTtdgTtd TedKT snTesTtsOTesKTnstTvsOTvsTnsKTvs:Tts:TesTvs:Tns Tes T sdTts TtsoTesOTtslTesnTesKTesOTns
TnsTesOT s T sKTesOT sKTvsOTtsTtsKTtsT sKTesTesKT sKTesOT siT stTnsaTvsaTesKTnsOT s
TesKTnsT s TvsKTeslT sOTesT sKTtseTnseTvs_Tts_T sOTes TnsOT s T spTespTesdTesdTeseTtseTeseTt_rTe_rTv_oTes:T s:Tes:TnfwOTvfrKT fwT frTefpuTefpKTefpTvf:TnsOTvsOTnsoTvs Tvs TvsTtssTnsT sKTesTnsTvsTtsoTesmTnsgTesiTeslTtsTvsKTnsTvsOTtsT s_Tnsu

which really doesn't have enough different characters in it to be a fifo problem.
That looks like a UART struggling to find valid start and stop bits
on a continuous data stream that doesn't match the baud rate.

It may also be that whatever 'terminal' is being used is masking off the 0x80 bit.

Another possibility is that the count of characters is about right.
But the receiver is misaligned on the 10 bit async characters.
Because these is no line idle, it never synchronises properly.
ISTR a real async terminal behaving that way.
But I think that gives a much wider range of characters - just the wrong ones.

There is also a third error pattern:
which might be an 'even more wrong' baud rate.

So maybe we are both right - for different bits of the error.

	David

Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)