Date:   Tue, 15 Mar 2022 14:17:42 +1300
From:   Kai Huang <kai.huang@...el.com>
To:     Isaku Yamahata <isaku.yamahata@...il.com>,
        Alejandro Jimenez <alejandro.j.jimenez@...cle.com>
Cc:     Dave Hansen <dave.hansen@...el.com>, tglx@...utronix.de,
        mingo@...hat.com, bp@...en8.de, dave.hansen@...ux.intel.com,
        luto@...nel.org, peterz@...radead.org, x86@...nel.org,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, thomas.lendacky@....com,
        brijesh.singh@....com, kirill.shutemov@...ux.intel.com,
        hpa@...or.com, pbonzini@...hat.com, seanjc@...gle.com,
        srutherford@...gle.com, ashish.kalra@....com,
        darren.kenny@...cle.com, venu.busireddy@...cle.com,
        boris.ostrovsky@...cle.com, kvm@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [RFC 0/3] Expose Confidential Computing capabilities on sysfs

> More concretely
> - CPU feature (Secure Arbitration Mode: SEAM) as "seam" flag in /proc/cpuinfo

In my current patchset we don't have "seam" flag in /proc/cpuinfo.

https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/cover.1647167475.git.kai.huang@intel.com/T/#m02542eb723394a81c35b9542b2763c783222d594

TDX architecture doesn't have a CPUID to report SEAM, so we will need a
synthetic flag if we want to add.  If userspace has requirement to use it, then
it makes sense to add it and expose to /proc/cpuinfo.  But so far I don't know
there's any.

Thanks
-Kai