Date:   Wed, 16 Mar 2022 09:01:18 -0700
From:   Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To:     Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@...gle.com>
Cc:     syzbot <syzbot+3f1ca6a6fec34d601788@...kaller.appspotmail.com>,
        Andrey Konovalov <andreyknvl@...gle.com>,
        ath9k-devel@....qualcomm.com, chouhan.shreyansh630@...il.com,
        David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
        Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>,
        Kalle Valo <kvalo@...eaurora.org>,
        "open list:USB GADGET/PERIPHERAL SUBSYSTEM"
        <linux-usb@...r.kernel.org>,
        linux-wireless <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>,
        Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@...nel.org>,
        Michal Marek <michal.lkml@...kovi.net>,
        Nick Desaulniers <ndesaulniers@...gle.com>,
        Netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        syzkaller-bugs <syzkaller-bugs@...glegroups.com>,
        Zekun Shen <bruceshenzk@...il.com>
Subject: Re: [syzbot] KASAN: out-of-bounds Read in ath9k_hif_usb_rx_cb (3)

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 12:45 AM Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@...gle.com> wrote:

> But the bug looks to be fixed by something anyway. git log on the file
> pretty clearly points to:
>
> #syz fix: ath9k: Fix out-of-bound memcpy in ath9k_hif_usb_rx_stream

Yeah, that commit 6ce708f54cc8 looks a lot more likely to have any
effect on this than my version bump that the syzbot bisection pointed
to.

But kernels containing that commit still have that

  run #0: crashed: KASAN: use-after-free Read in ath9k_hif_usb_rx_cb

so apparently it isn't actually fully fixed. ;(

                 Linus