Date:   Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:17:56 +1100
From:   Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
To:     Yury Norov <yury.norov@...il.com>
Cc:     Alexey Klimov <aklimov@...hat.com>,
        Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@...ux.intel.com>,
        David Laight <David.Laight@...lab.com>,
        Dennis Zhou <dennis@...nel.org>,
        Emil Renner Berthing <kernel@...il.dk>,
        Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>,
        Matti Vaittinen <matti.vaittinen@...rohmeurope.com>,
        Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@...nel.org>,
        Michał Mirosław <mirq-linux@...e.qmqm.pl>,
        Nicholas Piggin <npiggin@...il.com>,
        Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>,
        Rasmus Villemoes <linux@...musvillemoes.dk>,
        linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Pull request for bitmap branch

Hi Yury,

On Sun, 27 Mar 2022 18:09:51 -0700 Yury Norov <yury.norov@...il.com> wrote:

> Can you please pull this branch for linux-next?
> https://github.com/norov/linux/tree/bitmap

Normally, I don't add new branches to linux-next during the merge
window.  An exception is for branches that only contain changes meant
to be merged by Linus during the current merge window.  Even then, this
is very late to the table :-(

Also, you should tell me the branch name I need to fetch (which I will
refetch every day, so it should be a good stable name - like
"for-next"), and if this branch will be merged directly by Linus, or
through some other tree.

OK, I just checked ... the above URL is not a git tree.  I suspect you
meant me to fetch the "bitmap" branch of
https://github.com/norov/linux.git, right?

One more thing, that branch is based on Linus' tree of today, so really
cannot have received much testing in its current form :-(
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell