Date:   Mon, 11 Apr 2022 13:00:37 +0200
From:   Harald Welte <laforge@...monks.org>
To:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Cc:     linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Wanted: Old network/telecom data sheets + hardware manuals

Dear netdev, LKML and friends,

as some of you may know, I've recently started to get involved in
"retronetworking" as a hobby, i.e. collecting and running ancient
data communications, telecommunications and computer networking technologies.

We're not just collecting/repairing/operating old hardware and ancient software
stacks (FDDI, TokenRing, ATM, ISDN, ...) but also related hardware documentation,
data sheets, specifications, ...

I would like to call on all Linux network developers to donate any surplus
old networking/telecom chipset documentation, specifications, etc. they may
have.  We have a non-destructive book scanner for sizes up to A2, as well as
a variety of other scanners at our disposal to digitize any paper manuals,
as needed.

More information about this 'call for manuals' can be found at
	https://osmocom.org/projects/retronetworking/wiki/Call_for_old_Manuals

In case anyone is interested, https://osmocom.org/projects/retronetworking/wiki
contains a bit of info on parts of the collected equipment, and we've started
to build a ISDN/TDM/PDH overlay network so people can operate their legacy ISDN
equipment in times where public operators don't offer ISDN service anymore:
https://osmocom.org/projects/octoi/wiki

Some of the documents we already digitized and unearthed include the
German "national ISDN" specs (FTZ 1TR6 etc) at
https://osmocom.org/projects/retronetworking/wiki/German_FTZ_ISDN_Specifications

Thanks in advance for any related document donations.

Kind regards,
	Harald

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@...monks.org>           http://laforge.gnumonks.org/